Monday, December 13, 2010

advent - day 13

When I talk about the year I spent as a missionary on a ship, everyone, and I mean everyone, asks me if it was one of the Mercy Ships. No, it was not. But today, that's who we're praying for.
Mercy Ships is a global charity that has operated hospital ships in developing nations since 1978. Mercy Ships brings hope and healing to the forgotten poor by mobilizing people and resources worldwide, and serving all people without regard for race, gender, or religion.
On the Mercy Ships website, there is a prayer page, where you can type in and upload a prayer. I believe the purpose is both to be an encouragement for the Mercy Ships crew, as well as to encourage website visitors to pray for them.

The Ship's Watchmen is a video aimed at Mercy Ships' prayer partners. December's edition is here. It's about five and a half minutes long.

Also, you may want to check out their blog: http://www.mercyships.org/blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment