Thursday, May 20, 2010

what's going on in my mind this Thursday afternoon

I saw a commercial for a new (at least to me) antihistamine. It's called Chlor-Trimeton. Sounds like the name of a Decepticon. It kind of makes me giggle when they say it on the commercial. Still, it's nothing compared to Aciphex, which I've mentioned before.

Secondly, I don't believe in the word "irk." It's been banned to my list of words that aren't really words.

And third, there was another commercial for investing in gold. I have two things to say about that. 1) If something is really such a good investment, does it need to be advertised? 2) A cheaply made commercial doesn't convince me that you're making money, thus it doesn't convince me that I would make money. Obviously you changed your phone number after the commercial was initially recorded. But, you couldn't afford the original announcer to say the new phone number, nor could you afford to rerecord the entire commercial. Instead, you have one announcer say everything up to "1-800," another guy takes over for the remaining seven digits, then the original announcer resumes. It's noticeable, trust me.

Edit: maybe it's a fill-in-the-blank commercial? Like, "say your seven-digit phone number now." You say the number, and it is inserted in the commercial. It would be more seamless to have one person say all ten digits, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment