Tuesday, May 18, 2010

speaking of children's books

This is a list of the top 100 children's books. We have seven of them: Love You Forever; The Going to Bed Book; Go, Dog, Go; The True Story of the Three Little Pigs; The Cat in the Hat; Hop on Pop; and Owl Moon. We also have the Guess How Much I Love You CD set. It has lots of lullabies and the story as read by the author. But we don't have the book. A lot of the books on the top 100 list are books I've never heard of. I wonder if they were published after I moved on to a higher reading level. I could look it up, of course, but there are soooooooo many. I can't be bothered.



4 comments:

  1. Are you kidding? I saw several that I can still hear your mother read to you. Like "Are You My Mother". or your personal favorite "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad Day" or "The Little Engine That Could." I don't remember reading them myself, many books were read at our house when you were small and I can still hear the cadence in mom's voice as she read the words "the terrible, horrible, very bad day."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I remember those, and Mike Mulligan, Caps for Sale, Corduroy, the other Dr Seuss ones, Harold and the Purple Crayon, and some more that I can't think of right now. But someone commented that there were only 5 they've never heard of on the list, and I counted a lot more than that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I came across your blog from your siggy on the bump awhile back and have been meaning to write to you! Looks like we live in the same area (we're in Temple)... I've been trying to meet local moms to hang out with and the babies could play... You can email me at sage2003@yahoo.com if you're interested in catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen most of them and read a lot of them. I probably have read most of them just going to the library with Isaac. I probably read 1/4 of them growing up but so much more now that I'm a mom. I did see some favorites we discovered. Temple has a great library that is open til 9 p.m. on weekdays (except friday) and Saturday til 5 p.m. They probably have all of these books. Although, right now it's kind of hard to find everything because they are in renovations. Anyway, Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete