Friday, November 14, 2008

a real update

I am actually moved in to my apartment in Temple now! It's great. Now I really really need to get a job so that I can continue paying for it. I have some pictures of it on my picasa web album

I had a great interview at Fort Hood last week. I think they will probably offer me a job, but they are very slow. They called to ask me to come interview 4 weeks after I applied. So I am trying to wait and see if they will actually call me again to offer me the job. In the meantime, I put in an application at the temp agency down the street from my apartment, so that I might be able to have some kind of income while waiting on Fort Hood. I just don't know what else to do. I did have some Wycliffe support from the month of October, which was enough to cover my first month's rent, but soon I'll need to pay for other things, and there's just no money for that. I'm trying to trust that God will provide. Rodgers tells me this is what it means to live by faith and not by sight. Most of the time, I don't really even care that I don't have any money. Maybe that's good.

Also, on Sunday night, Rodgers asked me to marry him! Of course I said "yes." And now, I will share with you that I have been keeping a wedding planning blog in addition to this one. You will find it here: http://rodgersrachel.blogspot.com. I know that I've shared it with some individuals and others have found it, but now I'm announcing it publicly. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of the apartment...and I'm in love with that bookshelf in your dining room. Where did you find it? I must have one. Hooray for a real home. Got an address? I need to send you something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting engaged!!

    ReplyDelete