Wednesday, November 17, 2010

working mommy wednesday



Prompt #1. Top Ten "non-negotiables" in life.

I'm not sure if I can come up with 10, but we'll see...

1. I will take pictures and videos of my family, for my own enjoyment and to share with others.

2. Coffee is a must every morning, many afternoons, and occasional evenings.

3. While many yummy treats exist in this world, none will ever be better than classic chocolate chip cookies.

4. My relationship with God comes first, second is Rodgers, and Nate is third. That's how it has to be.

5. My medicine cabinet can never run out of Excedrin (name-brand, fast-acting variety) or Benadryl (generic). If it does, someone needs to go to the store to get me some RIGHT NOW.

6. Rodgers and I are committed to giving. Every month, we give a set percentage of our income to our church, and a set percentage to missions/charity/other. We prefer to donate things we don't want anymore rather than sell them. It feels really good to give stuff away.

7. We will only buy used cars. (I swiped this from some other working moms' lists.) We own both our cars, and have no car payments right now. One of them needs to be replaced soonish, but for now, it is awesome!

8. We will always live in a different country from half of our family (mine or Rodgers). But, we are committed to seeing the other half. I would like for us to visit every year, but we will visit every other year, at a minimum.

9. We will have fun together as a family.

10. I am committed to never, ever using Comic Sans, especially not on our Christmas letter, Christmas cards, address labels, or return address labels. That it won't be on resumes, fax cover pages, cover letters, or job applications goes without saying.

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love #10! Funny how a font can elicit such emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a Comic Sans snob! How awesome. (me, too). :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your generous spirit -- we can learn much from your example!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. why comic sans? that's too funny

    ReplyDelete