Saturday, November 27, 2010

super double double chocolatey chocolate chip cookies recipe

I wasn't planning on blogging this recipe, so there are no pictures. However, it has been requested, and this is my favorite way to share recipes. These were part of my holiday baking this year. I still have some of other cookies I baked in the freezer, but no more of these. They are quite amazing.

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 oz semi-sweet baker's chocolate*
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350' F. In small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Melt baker's chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes, stir, then 30 second intervals until melted. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat well. Blend in melted chocolate. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chips. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8 to 9 minutes. Do not overbake. Cookies should be soft. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool completely.

I made them fairly large and ended up with about 3 dozen.

*You can sub 9 tablespoons cocoa, 7 tablespoons sugar, 3 tablespoons butter or margarine or shortening, if you don't have baker's chocolate. Also, I'm pretty sure I only had 5 oz of baker's chocolate, and they are super chocolatey. So, 6 might be a bit much. The recipe actually calls for 12 oz of melted chocolate chips rather than baker's chocolate, but I didn't like the texture when I made them that way last year. This year, they are perfect.

1 comment:

  1. OK, these are good. But they don't compare to the truffles.

    ReplyDelete