Thursday, September 8, 2011

last week


Not as in the week preceding this one, but as in the last week of pregnancy. It's here. At once it seems too fast and like we will never make it to Sept 15. 

I suddenly feel huge. This is what I think of as the "beached whale" phase. My big chair + ottoman + 6 pillows is about as comfortable as I can be at this point, but it's going to take me awhile to get up! It's a series of wiggles and flops until I work myself to the edge of the chair and lean over until my weight is all on my feet. Nate is frustrated because he wants me to hold him and rock him in the rocking chair before bed, but I have no where to put him. This would be a really great time for him to have a big boy bed because we could just lay in his bed and cuddle, but he's still in the crib. The majority of my maternity clothes no longer fit. Shorts and capris don't fasten; tops aren't long enough. It's a good thing I only have a week to go! But don't be surprised if I wear the above outfit every day for the next 7 days. It's very stretchy. :)

I was just reading my post from 38 weeks last time. It's pretty much the same this time, except that I am sleeping better than I was then. Not sleeping great, but I'm not up all night like I was before Nate was born. So that's a plus. Also, I haven't gained as much weight but at this point, the difference in weight gain = what I didn't lose between pregnancies.

Anyway. I'm ready.

In other news (and this is about bathroom stuff)...

I've learned a lot about cloth diapers. I am working on building up a stash. I have a few different types and brands already, and a few more coming in the mail. I was a bit reluctant when we decided that this really would be the best thing, but now I'm actually excited about it! (Of course I'm excited about the shopping and new stuff, but I don't think that's all I'm excited about.) Also, Mom wants to make me some covers, and that's exciting, too!

Nate is making progress in daytime potty training. He says "pee" and "potty" now, but he doesn't tell me he needs to go. He just says "pee" if he sees himself peeing, and he says "potty" if I ask him if he wants to sit on the potty. I have a few pull on training pants for him, which will make sitting on the potty less trouble, but we aren't using them because I haven't washed them yet. I've just been letting him sit on the potty before I change his diaper. He tries to pee every time, even if he doesn't really need to, because he LOVES peeing.

1 comment: