Thursday, September 9, 2010

also...

It's R&R Day!!!

I left the country 5 months after we started dating and was gone for a year. We didn't see each other for 340 days. (More details of the story are in the newly-added "history" tab.)

We missed our first Christmas, Valentine's Day, dating anniversary, my birthday, and everything except for Rodgers' birthday. It was his 30th, so I'm very glad that I was at least here for that.

I think it was around V-Day (2007) that I suggested to him we create our own holiday when I returned, so that we could celebrate the special days we missed. That day happened to be September 9. I don't remember everything we did, but I do remember we took a drive down a scenic highway and stopped at the top of a hill to watch the sunset.

Since then, we've spent most special days together, or at least we've been able to celebrate them the weekend before or after. We've no real need for R&R Day anymore. But we can't quite let go of having our own personal holiday. Rodgers has a meeting tonight from 6:30 to forever, so we won't really get to celebrate today. But, there you go.

Happy R&R Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment