Friday, December 18, 2009

37 weeks = Full Term


That is one big baby.

How Far Along
37 weeks
How Big is Baby 19" long, 6.33 lbs is average for 37 weeks.
Total Weight Gain It was 37 lbs. at my appointment last Friday, but I'll be weighed again tomorrow.
Stretch Marks no change
Sleep is getting worse and worse and worse. The past few nights, I've been waking up with my hands hurting - I think my fingers are swelling in my sleep.
Best Moment this Week Getting the last of our essentials for Nate (a second car seat base and a thermometer)
Movement Lots. He kicked for the med student who was checking his heartrate last week. :)
Food Cravings I've been drinking more (water and milk), since I noticed the swelling. And it seems like the more I drink, the more I want to drink.
Labor Signs I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions. They're only painful if I'm sitting up straight and my tightened muscles crush my bottom few ribs. I'm fairly sure I've had at least one every day for the past week, but they are too irregular to really track.
Belly Button Outtie. Sometimes I can't even see it; if Nate's up really high, my belly button ends up pointing downwards, on the bottom side of my belly.
What I Miss Getting in and out of the car without grunting. I don't mean to grunt, but somehow it helps me maneuver.
What I'm Looking Forward To Becoming unpregnant soon! And also, my nephew being born tonight or tomorrow!!
Weekly Wisdom the 9th month is kind of like reverse Batman. Let me explain: when Batman's driving, and he wants to look out the side window of the Batmobile, he has to turn his torso because he can't just turn his head/neck while in costume. Big ol' pregnant belly gets to the point where the torso will no longer turn, so you have to check your blindspot and merge with traffic and all that just by turning your head/neck. Or, at least, I do.
Milestones 37 weeks is considered full term. Most babies born after 37 weeks thrive. He has been practicing breathing, which we know from the hiccups I've been feeling. But in just the past couple of weeks, I've noticed that, when he's in a certain position, I can feel the rise and fall of his breaths with my hand on my belly. It is very amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment