Wednesday, November 25, 2009

34 weeks

How Far Along 33 weeks 6 days
How Big is Baby 18" long, 4.75 lbs is average for 34 weeks.
Total Weight Gain 35 lbs.
Stretch Marks They seem not to have changed lately.
Sleep I'm taking a Benadryl before bed every night, but failure to stay asleep is plaguing me more and more.
Best Moment this Week Saturday was our joint baby shower with Claire. It was so much fun, and we got all kinds of great stuff!
Movement He's still a very active baby and kicks me hard enough to inflict pain on a daily basis.
Food Cravings None this week. It's Thanksgiving, so I'm looking forward to many yummy treats, despite the fact that I'm not supposed to gain any weight. 
Labor Signs None yet. But, at this stage, things change a bit. Previously, if I had 4 or more contractions in 1 hour, I should go to Labor and Delivery. Now, I don't go to L&D until I'm having consistent contractions 3 to 5 minutes apart.
Belly Button The elastic of my jeans goes right over it, so it's flat today. :) It still changes periodically depending on Nate's position, but more out than in most of the time.
What I Miss Being able to sit at my desk all day without an increasing intense pain growing in my ribs.
What I'm Looking Forward To As I was washing and sorting through the gifts we got at the shower, I found myself daydreaming about giving Nate a bath. He would hate it and scream a lot. But then, I'd wrap him up in an adorable soft hoody towel and dry him off, lotion him, and dress him in a fleece sleeper. Then he would settle down and get all cuddly. So that's what I'm looking forward to right now.
Weekly Wisdom To the non-pregnant people: telling a pregnant woman that it will only get worse from here on out (or to just wait and see how much life sucks after the baby is born) is the opposite of helpful. To pregnant people: a numb or tingly feeling in a small region at the top of the belly is a common experience but the Dr doesn't really know what causes it. It's something stretching or pushing or something.
Milestones After today, they will no longer stop me if I go into preterm labor. So, Nate will definitely be born sometime between now and January 17 (a week and a half past my due date is when they would induce if I wasn't going into labor on my own).

No comments:

Post a Comment