Monday, October 12, 2009

Columbus Day!

Since I work for the government, I have TONS of holidays, and today's one of them! Federal employees win!

Rodgers does not have the day off. He had class this morning at 8, and is now at work for the rest of the day. He works at an after school program. The schools their kids go to are closed today, so the after school program has kids all day long.

That means I get to be a housewife for a day. :)

Since my body sticks fairly closely to a regular sleep schedule, I have a hard time sleeping in on the weekends. Sunday I sleep a little bit later than Saturday. And when I have Monday off, too, it's like I've had 2 days to practice sleeping in. I didn't get up until 8 today.

I had breakfast, cleaned out the fridge and freezer, emptied the dishwasher, loaded dirty dishes from last night and this morning, scrubbed the sinks, moved our jackets from the nursery closet to our bedroom closet and moved my prepregnancy clothes from the bedroom closet to the nursery closet (we're having cooler weather and will use our jackets more than my clothes I can't fit into anymore), and now I'm catching up on what's new on the internet. But the best part is: I'm still in my pj's! Later, I will get dressed, though, so I can take the trash out to the dumpster, sit on the balcony and read a book, and go grocery shopping.

I think I would like being a housewife.

No comments:

Post a Comment