Thursday, September 17, 2009

pregnancy survey - week 24



* How far along: 24 weeks
* Total weight gain: 17 lbs (I haven't been weighed in the past 2 weeks)
* How big is baby: About 12 inches from head to heel - that's the length of an ear of corn; 1 1/2 pounds
* Maternity clothes: I'm living in them.
* Stretch marks: I have one on my thigh, of all places!
* Sleep: I haven't been sleeping as well this past week. I'm exhausted during the day, but I think I'm getting used to it.
* Best moment this week: (last week actually) We bought a crib! It was so fun watching Rodgers put it together, looking like a proud daddy.
* Movement: I've been feeling more flips and upside down jumping (usually kicking his feet against my waist band and ramming his head into my colon)
* Food cravings: I really wanted jelly beans this week. Jelly Belly brand is great for pregnant women because you can get weird combos if you just grab a handful and eat them all at once. The best combo I had today was watermelon and cinnamon.
* Labor signs: None
* Belly button in or out: Pretty much the same as 2 weeks ago. Just getting flatter and flatter. Nathanael kicked it last night and it turned into an outtie for a second before flipping back in. That felt weird.
* What I miss: Sitting in my favorite chair with Rodgers. It's a chair and a half with a big ottoman up against it, so it works like a chaise lounge. It's so comfy, but I can't get out of it without help or moving the ottoman. I've moved to the recliner for the most part.
* What I'm looking forward to: Now that there's a crib in the nursery, I'm looking forward to finishing the rest of it!
* Milestone: Nate's now considered a viable fetus. Here's a chart from some kind of scientific medical place. If Nathanael were born 1 week ago, he would have had a 10-40% chance of survival. If he's born today, he has a 40-70% chance. Of course, he would be considered a micropreemie and wouldn't be able to breathe yet - his lungs aren't ready. He'd be in the hospital for a long, long time if he were born so early. So I'm not saying I would want him to be born today, or in the next 3 months. It's just a milestone, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment