Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Blog Tag

I just got tagged in a game of blog tag by my e-friend, Momfetti. Here's the deal - the rules:
  1. Link back to the person who tagged you.
  2. List six little things that make you happy.
  3. Tag six bloggers and let them know they’re “it”.
My six:
  1. Fortune cookie fortunes. I love the ones that are slightly nonsensical. I got one once, which I keep on the refrigerator, that says, "Alas! The onion you are eating is someone else's water lily." I can imagine what it means, but it just sounds silly to me, so it makes me laugh. Also, it's fun to add little phrases to the end of the fortune. The most popular of which is "in bed," but I prefer, "and then you'll die." I suppose it appeals to my dark sense of humor, plus there is an element of truth in it. The fortunes Rodgers and I got this weekend work well with either one. He got, "People are naturally attracted to you." I got, "You will always be surrounded by friends when you need them." I'm giggling right now. I love them.
  2. Text messages, as long as they aren't the free messages from AT&T advertising something, or the ones that you have to pay for because some solicitor got a hold of your cell phone number, is sending you messages, and to get them to stop, you have to send them one. I hate that kind. But texts from my actual family and friends are great.
  3. Food - just about any kind. I have an insatiable appetite these days. I know Nathaniel doesn't need many calories per day right now. He's so small, he only needs for me to eat one extra snack every day. But, honestly, I could eat every hour, and I do sometimes...
  4. Nathaniel's kicks and punches. They're so tiny and cute right now. Sometimes, if they're directed the right way, I can feel them through my tummy with my hand. Rodgers hasn't felt them yet because as soon as I feel one with my hand and want to call him over to feel it, Nate seems to adjust his position so that he can punch my internal organs. That's not so cute.
  5. Rodgers, for obvious reasons.
  6. Puppies - the squirmier and slobberier, the better. I mean, who (aside from those with hearts of stone) can attempt to hold a squirmy, slobbering puppy without at least smiling, if not laughing aloud?

No comments:

Post a Comment