Monday, December 29, 2008

earrings

I wanted the bride, matron of honor, and maid of honour to all wear the same earrings in the wedding. I wanted these earrings to be pearls, but not just plain studs. And not on silver, on gold. I was never able to find any that worked. The closest was Avon, which had some hoops strung with pearls. And they came in a set of 3 pairs of earrings. BUT, one was white pearls, one pink, and one black. That doesn't really work. If they were all white and in different sizes, that'd be great. But, in the end, they don't really work. I'd wind up with 6 extra pairs of earrings.

So, Rodgers and I went to Michael's today. I wanted to look and see if they had the flowers I wanted for bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres. They did not. But, we did find some pearly beads and gold hoops. I don't know if these particular hoops are really for making into earrings as we did or not, but they work, and they look great!

 
Modeling our handiwork

 
We extras so that my mother and his "mother" (friend who knew him when he was a little kid and who will be lighting his side of the unity candle) could match us, too. I will wear bigger ones, and I think the matron of honor (Claire) will also wear bigger ones. The others can have the small kind.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment