Friday, December 19, 2008

not too big a mess

Monday was a busy day, but not too bad. Rod was able to get my car with no trouble. The radiator will be replaced, but not at the dealership where it was. They charge WAAAY too much. I've found a radiator shop here in Belton that quoted 50% of what Toyota in Brenham quoted. So, Rod's going to assist me once more, by taking Tallulah to the radiator shop in the morning, while I drive his car again.

Work is boring so far. Not that my job itself is boring. It will be a fairly easy job, and I'm looking forward to being able to actually start working. I'm still waiting on a lot of things, but at least now I'm being paid to wait.

In order to do my job, I need to be authorized to use a computer. In order to do that, I need to pass a computer usage test. In order to take the test, I need an account for something called AKO. In order to have that account, I need some form from personnel, or at least a number that's on that form. In order to have that number/form, they have to finish processing me as a new hire. Soooo...best case scenario, they will complete my processing tomorrow. I am to call and check sometime during the day tomorrow, so that if they have finished, I can go ahead and get things in motion. But so far, I've just been waiting. A lot of waiting. And logging on using other people's login cards, so that I could learn what I am to do. The guy I'm taking over from is going on leave next week, so he needed to go ahead and show me what he's been doing. So I learned and practiced while logged on as him, even though I haven't taken the test to prove that I know how to use a computer...

But, tomorrow's my birthday! Yay! I always feel special on my birthday.

1 comment: