Monday, February 15, 2010

one month

Nathanael is one month old today! It's amazing that so much time has already passed. He's grown and changed a lot already.



Here he is on his birthday and 1 month later.

He's becoming so much more expressive and deciding what he likes and doesn't like. He's beginning to not like having a wet diaper. And he has decided that he likes to save up all his poop and do it once a day, rather than letting it go several times a day. He's also establishing his schedule of when he wants to sleep more and when he wants to eat more. Roughly, between about 6 am and noon and again between 6 pm and midnight, he's usually awake, with very short naps, and he wants to eat frequently. Then the other 12 hours of the day, he will take nice long naps and wake up to eat just enough to put him back to sleep.

We took him to church for the first time yesterday. He slept the whole time, which was good, but I was surprised, as it wasn't his normal sleeping time. We did leave him in the carseat/carrier, though, and he was super cozy. I don't think he could have stayed awake if he'd tried.

As for me, I'm doing so much better. I am still healing and no where near back to normal, but I've come a long way from where I was a month ago. (And definitely better than I was a month ago this minute because at that time, I was getting more stitches than anyone bothered to count.) Rodgers has given me a few chances to get out. He'll stay home with Nate while I run to the store to pick up a few things. I can make it through a small shopping trip without wearing myself out. But, church yesterday did wear me out.

I'm going to have to go on a bit more major shopping trip next weekend, as no pants that I owned previously fit me now. I'll need to get some to wear to work. Before pregnancy, I was a size 2. Now, I'm about a 6. So even my too big pre-pregnancy pants are too small for me now. I'm hoping to get back into them eventually, but I have a big stack of clothes that I doubt I'll ever be able to wear again.


Check me out. I've lost 31 of 43 pounds. And I'm quite proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment