Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Rorschach

I almost never read email forwards when they come to my inbox, unless they come from my mother because she is sensible and only sends good ones. I stay current on what forwards are going around by reading about them on snopes.com. Some of them, I can see how people may think that it's real. Some of them, I can see how people are really stupid and might believe it. But this one...REALLY?!

It doesn't say it's an email forward, but people are "reporting" that a Fisher-Price doll says "Islam is the light" and "Satan is king." It just made me giggle. Fisher-Price isn't going to make a doll that says that. Plus, I'm sure their QA department doesn't want to lose their jobs, and wouldn't let something like this slip. PLUS, if someone were to tamper with what the dolls are saying, I doubt they would be both Muslim and Satanic. 

People these days are just looking for something to be offended by. But, if you think a babbling-baby-talk doll is saying pro-Islam and pro-Satan things, when it's obviously just gibberish, maybe you're the Muslim/Satanist. It's like an audio Rorschach test. The person you should really be offended by is yourself. Ever thought about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment