Monday, February 18, 2008

vamlumtimes day

Yes, I have to admit, it was the best one ever. Not totally romancey, but just enough.

We were planning to celebrate one weekend when Rodgers didn't have to work. We didn't expect to actually be together on the 14th. But then the plans changed for the better.

Rodgers drove up here and met me Thursday when I got off work. We had dinner at a Mediterranean/Italian type restaurant, which was booked solid all night, so good thing I made reservations. The food was good, but nothing to write home about. The atmosphere was totally romantic. Candles, flowers, dim lighting, a lone guitarist plucking Italian sounding tunes. The music really sealed the deal. That was probably my second favorite part. That and the fact that it was quiet enough to have a conversation using our inside voices. My first favorite part was, of course, my date.


It had been 24 days since we last saw each other, which is entirely too long, given that we live in the same state now. Since we've been dating, the most consecutive days that we've seen each other was 3. So, in effort to break that record, I took off work Friday, and Rodgers, who didn't have to work this weekend after all, stayed until Sunday.

We had a long weekend of hanging out, watching movies, and shopping. We really love going to parks and hanging out together outside. But this weekend was much too cold for us to be outside much. That was too bad.

But we did do my second favorite thing last night, which is cooking dinner together. When I'm by myself, I don't really like cooking - not that I dislike it, I just don't enjoy cooking for only me. I'd rather just heat something up real quick so I can eat and not starve to death, though I do cook meals occasionally. I really enjoy cooking with Rodgers. I guess it's because of the companionship - just doing something together. It's much more fun that watching movies together, though I enjoy that too. Even cleaning up and loading the dishwasher is enjoyable when we do it together. This time we made Amy's Enchilada Casserole - easy, cheesy, and delicious. Can't think of a word meaning yummy that rhymes with easy...



He left me early this morning. Back to life and the real world. 'Twas a great weekend, though.

Here is my favorite Valentine's Cartoon:
http://www.homestarrunner.com/tgs12.html

No comments:

Post a Comment