Wednesday, February 16, 2011

cooking blog

When I was in 6th grade, we lived with my grandparents for a few months. My grandmother has a few recipes that she keeps on "repeat" at all times. One thing she cooked frequently was salmon patties. While they were good, I got salmon patty-ed out. In the past 10 years, I've eaten them maybe once.

I follow several cooking blogs. Usually, I star recipes I like in my Google Reader, and maybe will cook them. someday. It surprised me when I saw a recipe for salmon croquettes on Not Your Bubbe's Kitchen, and they actually looked appealing! I decided to give them a second chance. Maybe it was the use of the word "croquettes" rather than "patties" - much more appetizing, right? Or maybe it's just that I know Jackie and trust her to have yummy and healthy recipes.

Whatever it was, I'm so glad I made these for lunch today! They are delicious! They were also very easy and quick to make. I followed her recipe mostly. I only had one egg, not two, but it worked out!

Not Your Bubbe's Kitchen features a lot of other fabulous recipes, too. One that I am eager to try out is The Best Damn Brownies Ever. Check it out!


[P.S. I did not try out the grains recipe today. I was in the mood for mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.]


No comments:

Post a Comment