Friday, April 2, 2010

I am a genius.

Rodgers and I have our phone numbers registered on the Do Not Call list. This prevents a lot of telemarketing, but occasionally, we still get phone calls from numbers we don't recognize. I sign up for coupons and samples of baby stuff, and many times I have to give my phone number. I figure having some unwanted calls is worth the free stuff. (I've had no luck with answering and asking to not be called again. Just like I can't get Old Navy to stop emailing me when they're having sales on maternity clothes.) We don't answer unknown phone numbers, and they don't leave a message, but they do call back. If I don't know your number and you won't leave me a message, I'm never going to answer when you call me. But, it's still obnoxious when the phone rings.

Today, I had an epiphany. I stored the latest number that's been calling me. And I set the ringtone for it to "silent." Now when they call me, my phone will neither ring nor vibrate. If I happen look at the caller ID when they call, it now says, "Don't answer." It's so peaceful.

::dusts off hands:: My work here is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment