Thursday, January 31, 2008

an addendum to the previous post

I feel I should add this:

Celebrating Valentine's Day could mean getting to spend an entire weekend with Rodgers. As I don't get to see him often [though it is often in comparison with last year], anything that means I can spend a weekend with him is a good thing!

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't love Valentine's Day, but I do love Rodgers, and that's what's important.

Geez, now I feel all sappy...that's why I was vomiting yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. So are you saying we don't have to say "Happy SAD" this year? (SAD=Single Awareness Day). Did you know that Valentines Day and romance were not linked together until Chaucer in the middle-ages? Did you know that the original St Valentine was martyred in Rome and nothing is really known about his life? He is honored as one "whose acts are known only to God." The secret to enjoying Valentine's Day is to make it more than simply a Hallmark Holiday. Get passed the cards and candy and flowers and simply enjoy being together. Now I feel all sappy.

    ReplyDelete