Sunday, February 4, 2007

my new favorite game

I was wrong about the girl who we told we were eating Jackalope. Turns out, she believed us the whole time. She went to a drama practice and they had to start out by telling something about themselves. She told them that as a child she had pet rabbits and now she's eaten rabbits. They asked where? when? And she told them that it was on the ship just a few days before. They didn't remember eating rabbit, though. So later she went and asked the cheif steward and he told her that it was actually chicken. I nearly died laughing when she told me all this. I didn't really think that she believed us the whole time. But, she did...

That's not my new favorite game, though. Cat and I just moved from our old cabin, where we had 2 other cabinmates, to a new cabin, where it's just the 2 of us. It's a beautiful clean little cabin where we can get a full night's sleep. We discovered yesterday, just before our second night in our new cabin, that there's a small gap in the corner where two of the walls come together. It's by the head of my bunk, and on the other side of the wall is the head of one of our best friend's (Kris) bunk. It's just big enough to pass papers through. We already knew that we could talk to her, because the walls are thin, but now, we can pass secret notes! It's so much fun. I don't know why. She passed us a poem last night:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I would write more
But my brain hurts
So I'll let it sleep
And also my new roommate
Thinks I'm crazy
Because I talk to the walls

*   *   *   *   *
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE your new game.

    pass a note for me:
    hi. this is alison. i am rachels little sister. but not the littlest. I HAVE NO IDEA what i am talking about, i just wanted to say hi. so...HI!!


    i love you rachel.

    ReplyDelete