Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Bon Voyage

Saturday was my Bon Voyage Party. It was really great! I think that just the right number of people were there. I had put together the shortest possible guest list-which turned out to be a little more than 100 people (that's including everyone's children). I think that there may have been 50 people there, including my immediate family. And they weren't all there at the same time. I think that I got to visit with all of the grownups, for a few minutes at least. My goal was to have few enough people that I could have some time with everyone. I think it was the best party possible. Except for one part...
Certain people insisted on a CWB? concert. (FYI: Can We Bail? was Melissa's and my band in college-we wrote silly little songs that, for some reason, people loved.) We didn't have our guitars or music with us, and it had been over a year since we played, and between last time and the time before last it was also more than a year. So, we didn't really remember our songs, and without having guitars it was just us singing. I think I heard someone say it was the worst concert they had ever been to. But it was fun to bring back all those memories of college and CWB?.
Now, the party's over, only work remains. I've got a list of things I still need to do before Sunday, so, time to stop playing...
[my family:]


P.S. All the party pictures from my camera are on my photobucket:
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/justrachet/bonvoyage/

No comments:

Post a Comment