Thursday, July 23, 2009

moving...

Currently, we live in a 650 square foot one bedroom apartment. It's plenty of space for the two of us, even though we seem to have a ridiculous amount of possessions. Closet space is adequate, and they are all well used.

But, there's nowhere to put a baby! No room for all the stuff that comes with a baby, either. Therefore, we will be moving when our lease is up. There is a nice 2 bedroom apartment that will be available at the beginning of October, and our lease ends at the end of October, so it's just about perfect.

I've heard that pregnancy hormones cause more vivid dreams. This is definitely true for me. Last night, I dreamed that Rodgers and one of the ladies from the office took me to the apartment that will be available so I could look at it and start planning how we'll arrange our stuff there.

It was an amazing apartment. The entry had a huge coat closet, which the current tenants had full of junk, but we would use for our 35 coats (now, tell me, why do we need so many coats? We only have like 10 coat weather days per year!). The living room was about the size of our current apartment (not our living room, our whole apartment), and had hard wood floors. It was down a couple of steps from the entry, with a vaulted ceiling. To the right was the kitchen, up a couple of steps, with a lovely breakfast nook. Next to that, towards the back of the apartment, was a glamorous formal dining room. There was also a doorway from the kitchen towards the front of the apartment, which led to the master suite. (This tells you how important food is to me right now, my dream bedroom opens into the kitchen!) The outside wall was all windows, which were open. The bed had a mosquito net over it, which was blowing in the breeze. The bedroom was very large, but there was hardly anything in it besides the bed and an antique oak dresser. I don't remember the bathroom, but there was one in there. Then, we went back to the entry, which had a door to a child's room, which I had not noticed before. There were 3 closets in the child's room. They were all full of toys. Next to that room was another bathroom. When we came out of the child's room, I noticed that on the other side of the living room, there was a hallway. I asked about it and the office lady said that there was another bedroom, bathroom, and an office down there. At this point, I became quite confused because Rodgers had told me that we were getting a 2 bedroom apartment. I got very upset. I was reasonably sure that this apartment would cost significantly more than the 2 bedroom that I thought we'd be moving into. It was a beautiful apartment. I loved it, and I wanted it. But I thought it was the 2 bedroom that's only $100/month more than our current place. Rodgers would have known that I'd love it. But he should have told me the truth about how big it was and how much it cost. I mean, I'd figure out sooner or later that there were extra rooms. And I'd figure out the price the first time I went to pay rent.

I was so upset with him that I woke myself up. Now, after seeing that impossibly huge, beautiful apartment, I think the place we move into will seem like a dump.

1 comment:

  1. I had a lot of vivid dreams when I was pregnant - nearly drove me up a wall, some of the wacky stuff I dreamed about!

    Yay for a new, bigger apartment!

    ReplyDelete