Tuesday, September 18, 2007

the nautilus

On my bookshelves, I have books that I like to use for reference, along with the (rare) fiction books I have bought (usually just borrow those because I only read them once anyway) and a collection of books that I enjoyed reading as a child. One of my favorite books from my younger years was 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. It sits in a prominent position, where I see it almost every day.

Right now, I'm watching The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. The Nautilus, from 20,000 Leagues, plays a big role in The League. The Nautilus is freaking awesome! As soon as I saw it on the screen, I thought, that is the name of my truck. Now, my truck isn't as awesome as The Nautilus, but she believes in her heart that she can be as awesome as The Nautilus.

In petitioning for names for the truck, the best suggestion I got was "Nancy". I'm reluctant to name my truck after the name we generally reserve for girly boys. However, I'm a big fan of alliteration. Is is an accident that Nancy and Nautilus both begin with N? I think not.

So my truck will henceforth be known as Nancy the Nautilus, or simply The Nautilus.

No comments:

Post a Comment